[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: DEMODECTIC MANGE

  • From: "Norma Ramey" <gsdramey@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <Germanshepherds4Show@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'Showgsd-l'" <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <uwish@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2009 12:48:37 -0600

TNX Barbara for giving us a "heads up" info on this most interesting ailment
(if you want to call it that)!
ONE VERY IMPORTANT BIT OF INFO CONCERNING THE DEMODECTIC MANGE WAS
NOT GIVEN THOUGH YOUR WRITE-UP WAS QUITE THOROUGH!!  I'd like to inform all
of
you wonderful people about the one short part of a sentence at the beginning
of Barbara's (blog)!!!
I have been told, even by Vets -- that, as she said -- that the mange "comes
from the mother"  -- so
often it is considered "inherited" ----  NO NO NO -- What REALLY happens is
that the mites will
move from the hair follicles of the dam directly onto the puppies as they
nurse.  There is ONE WAY
and only ONE WAY to avoid the mange mites --- be there at birthing and
remove the puppy right
away without touching the dam!!  Raise it yourself away from other dogs.
This is the truth and I've
been so sad when many people spayed their young bitches due to this mess
thinking it was in the
genes.   Norma no L