[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: DECLINE OF THE CONFORMATION RING??

  • From: "Rbuffdogs ." <rbuffdogs@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Carolyn Martello <marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2014 19:55:23 -0700

BtW for those that haven't been to or have not reviewed the rules for the
SV style shows.
the dogs are DQd for being aggressive to another dog in the ring.  DQd...so
why on earth
would they "face off " with dogs?  That is not a correct assumption.  They
do not.
The LAST thing they want is a dog aggressive dog.  So to face off as
someone pointed out is not
only inaccurate, but wholly undesirable and counter productive and
PENALIZED in those venues.
No, sad to say it is in the AKC rings where we have had the most issues
with uneducated or uncaring owners
running dogs up next to ours "oohhhhh ooppppsie, just trying to socialize"
is the pathetic excuse,
and it is ridiculous      Control your dogs.  Keep a respectful distance ,
and there is no problem.
You want a prime example of how to get along?  Go to an ARBA show where the
REAL power breeds are...
and watch how POLITE everyone is and they have utter control of their dogs
when passing another person.
When we go to a specialty we expect some people to not be cognizant of
where the dogs are..
we have gotten used to that.   We have even watched dogs in the ring menace
other dogs, barely under control of the
"handler" and  get loose from their so called
professional handler / owners and wreck havoc outside the ring.. knocking a
person out of a chair and trying to bred an in season
bitch at ringside that was being used for doubling...  yeah NICE.   Yet,
 no one says anything b/ c the dog was co owned  and bred
by club officers...
So please., how about everyone demand excellent behavior from their dogs
both in and out of the ring..unless of course they are
co owned by club officers, I guess. LOLOL    So ridiculous. Spare me.
Kathy
*http://www.victorygermanshepherds.com
<http://www.victorygermanshepherds.com/>*

*CH. Elvaston's Nations Cup TC, 26 BOBsCH. Victory's Leviathan **Kappo von
Eisenwerk*
*RBIF Monarch's Tarragon v Kaleef*

 *"Victory...*Vires et honestas"

http://showgsd.org/mail.html