[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: DE

  • From: shirley sommers <ssthunderpony@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sally@xxxxxxxxxxx, irrenhaus4@xxxxxxxxxxx, Rbuffdogs@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2007 13:33:16 -0800 (PST)

Sally, you are absolutely correct.

  I would not put pool filter  DE  that is laced with chemicals aka poisons
anywhere near my kennels ,  dogs or anywhere else on my property for that
matter.

  Grabbing an idea and running to get the cheapest product can be disastrous
.Do your homework folks.

  Study the subject and make an informed decision on feeding DE. It must be
food grade as anything else could have poisonous additives.

  I have used pure DE for years in my hybrid plant gardens to kill soft bodied
critters like snails , slugs , etc. because it slices & dices the creatures.
Wonder what it does to doggies insides ?

  http://wolfcreekranch1.tripod.com/defaq.html
  This is about the best info on DE but I am leery of the products sold here
,some using garlic to "boost the immune system" as I believed that garlic is
toxic to dogs.
  I will  ask Magda who  is a homeopathic practitioner at
  http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/ClassicalHomeopathyPets/
  She is just great !

  Cheers,
  ~S
  http://pets.groups.yahoo.com/group/rawfeeding/?yguid=140553699

Sally <sally@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  The talk last week said it should be human grade to use for the dogs

Sally
www.embroiderybysally.com

 with theYahoo! Search weather shortcut.