[ SHOWGSD-L ] Cute! (Helen Franklin)

  • From: "Helen" <helen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2004 12:31:07 -0800

If I didn't have dogs

I could walk around safely barefoot in the dark .

All flat surfaces, clothing, furniture, and cars would be
free of dog hair .

When the doorbell rang, it wouldn't sound like the SPCA
kennels .

When the doorbell rang, I could get to the door without
wading thru four or five dog bodies who beat me there .

I could sit how I wanted to on the couch without taking into
consideration where several  fur bodies would need to get .

I would not have strange presents under my tree....like dog
bones, stuffed animals and have to answer to people why I wrap them up .

I would not be on a first name basis with a vet .

Most used words in my vocabulary would not be: potty,
outside, sit, down, come, no, and leave him/her ALONE .

My house would not be cordoned off into zones with baby gates

My purse would not contain things like poop pick up bags and
dog treats .

I would no longer have to spell the world B-A-L-L and
F-R-I-S-B-E-E .

I would not buy weird things to stuff into "kongs", or have
to explain why I'm buying them, or what a "kong" is .

I would not have as many leaves INSIDE my house as outside .

I would not look strangely at people who think having their
ONE dog ties them down too much .

I would not have to answer the question why do I have so many
dogs from people who will never have the joy in their life of
knowing they are loved unconditionally by something as close to an angel
as they will ever get. Who else has a friend who considers you the
MOST important thing in the whole wide world all the time.