[ SHOWGSD-L ] Current shows and the new approach

  • From: "Evan Ginsburg" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "elg440@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2015 09:44:13 -0400

It seems to me that the new trend is to make the shows as much fun and as user
friendly as possible. I know the entries are down, but lately it seems that the
clubs are going out of their ways to make the shows better for everyone.

I just came back from Tucson, Arizona. The club put on a tremendous show
weekend. The ring was five steps from the doors of the rooms, with a motel that
gave a full breakfast, (and I mean full) free each morning.

The judging was exceptional with George at the Futurity showing that he not
only knows the best dogs, but how to control a ring, and treat everyone with
dignity and respect.

The club not only had free catalogs, (now that set the tone), but free snacks
all days, free lunch with a chili cook-off for us to vote on, and then free
drinks, cookies, cakes, and chips all weekend.

As one of the losers, (so, what else is new), I do have to say this was an
amazing experience. Jerry Graham did what he always does, an honest and
knowing selection. Then Peg Kertz came in and did the same. After watching
George, Jerry then Peggy I realized why good judging is always more fun. We
didn't stay for Jamie Walker, but she is always a great example of honest and
fair judging, and I expected nothing less. I have an appearance in Federal
Court this morning, so I had to be in the office yesterday to prepare. We left
Sunday morning, it is an eight hour drive.

I know for a fact that Long Beach is going to go out of the way to offer perks
at their next show, and free catalogs is just the beginning.

I like this new trend.

Evan