[ SHOWGSD-L ] "Current" Status & Location of AB1634

  • From: Stormy435@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2008 21:00:42 EDT

And as soon as Brat gets them, I'll forward them on.   Be prepared for more
evil trickery on Levine's part.

What happens is California DOESN'T stay in California.

Stormy

 * * * PLEASE CROSSPOST & SHARE * * *

 I telephoned Levine's office yesterday inquiring as to "when" AB1634 would
be going to Appropriations.  I was told that "The budget takes priority over
all things at this time.  Fiscal bills will be heard after August.
Appropriations met this morning and won't be meeting until August."

 My next phone conversation today was with Peter Detwiler (Senate Local
Government) to ascertain exactly "where" AB1634 is at this time.  What
committee
officially has possession of the bill at this time?

 Mr. Detwiler received the amendments back from Legislative Counsel
yesterday.  The bill was then handed over to the Senate desk and, by tomorrow,
will
officially be in Appropriations.

 Naturally, my next phone call was to the Appropriations Committee.  They had
a discussion today about all of the upcoming bills to be heard on
the agenda(s) and have set the following dates for the Appropriations Committee
for bills
to be heard:  7 July, 14 July, and 4 August.  It was explained to me that
they are "currently setting for 4 August" at this time.

 I have been calling all of the offices to confirm phone numbers, fax
numbers, and email addresses for each of the fifteen (15) Senators on the
Appropriations Committee as well as the committee consultant.  Will forward to
the lists
when all contact information is confirmed.

 Brat Zinsmaster

Gas prices getting you down? Search AOL Autos for
fuel-efficient used cars.