[ SHOWGSD-L ] Crush this

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2009 21:11:33 EDT

In a message dated 10/18/2009 5:46:56 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
showgsd@xxxxxxx writes:
Yes, I  know it is a lot cheaper if sod is not provided, however as a club
we are not  in the hole with our over all budget and I think providing the
optimum surface  for this once a year show of shows is something we should
do.

When I judged last month in Montreal, they had a crushed rubber  surface
that was incredible.  It was solid and green and could be stored. I  think the
cost of buying the pads would be about what we pay for sod for one  year,
and could be used over and over.

We might have to figure a way to store it, but we store the trophies each
year, and it could be worked out.  Maybe the Canadian club, with Ron Peet
as president could investigate the possibility.

Evan L.  Ginsburg
Asgard German Shepherds
http://www.asgardgsd.com/