[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Credit Cards and Puppy Purchases

  • From: "Paulette McGuirt" <cnnpmm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <MarcatoGSD@xxxxxxx>, <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2006 17:50:49 -0500

Hi Jackie,

I gather from your post that you would like to buy a pup, but can't
afford the lump sum.  Why don't you buy a money order or
cashiers/bank check using your credit card?  That way, you have the
cash to pay the breeder and the breeder will never know you used a
credit card.  Also, if someone accepts a credit card payment and
the purchase price is over a certain amount, then the seller must
pay a fee to the credit card company.  That's the only reason that
I, as a breeder, would not accept credit cards.

Paulette McGuirt

PS There's usually a surcharge of 3% of the requested amount, but
if you can't afford the surcharge, then you shouldn't buy the dog.