[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Coyotes

  • From: PAGAIRS@xxxxxxx
  • To: jeanniemccann@xxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 07:06:53 EST

In a message dated 1/24/2006 9:44:28 PM Central Standard Time,
jeanniemccann@xxxxxxxxx writes:
     One of my customers,who lives in the country,had a coyote start to
run off with her Shih Tzu in it's mouth!! She screamed and began running
after it...the coyote ended up dropping the 12 lb. dog and running off.
The dog required stitches,but lived.
We have coyotes here in the suburbs of Chicago....I see them all the time.
And there are always stories in our local paper about one snatching a yorkie or
other small breeds right before the owners eyes.  Lets just say our rabbit
population is almost non existence anymore.  We also have red foxes, but its
the
coyotes that are causing havoc with the pet population. In the article in the
paper, it did say that they are known to kill large dogs also, and clear 5
and 6 ft. fences with no problem. Right after the coyotes moved in my neighbors
cat Sylvester disappeared.
Patty Szymczak