[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: : Court Date for Tammy of Dogs Deserve Better ( long)

  • From: Susan Madlung <stormygsd@xxxxxxx>
  • To: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx, Elsyd1@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 08:29:14 -0700

there are so many things a person can do without actually removing the dog..
how about food and water??? It would have been easy to provide a large crate
with blankets for him to lay in without removing the dog. How about staying
with the dog until someone who DOES have authority comes? Even a vet would
come out to assess the dog if the situation were communicated to them. Call
the cops and stay there until they come and assess the situation. What was
wrong with the neighbor Kim?? she couldn't give the dog food and water???
sheesh!

I do think the video speaks for itself - no compassionate person could have
just left and done nothing...but I am not sure we can open the door to
allowing the well intentioned just go onto property and remove animals at
will.

Sue Madlung - Shadowacre Reg'd German Shepherds
http://www.shadowacre.com