[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Court Date for Tammy of Dogs Deserve Better ( long)

  • From: Kmgraphic2@xxxxxxx
  • To: tsaligsds@xxxxxxxxxxx, Crossroadsgsd@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 06:51:13 EDT

In a message dated 9/14/06 10:33:52 PM Central Daylight Time,
tsaligsds@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> all she had to do was call and ask for a response time and wait for the
> authorities.

that is DEFINITELY not the case in every community.  i have been doing gsd
rescue for many years. i now live in a small town - there is only one shelter
in
this county and 2 in the adjacent 2 counties.  they all have my name and # -
do they ever call when they get a gsd?  NO - they just complain about
overcrowding.  if i didn't make weekly trips to all 3 shelters i would never
have
known my last 3 fosters were there - each for OVER a month (you do not always
get
to see all the dogs on any given day).  the animal control does NOT respond to
cruelty reports, they do not cite the owners. these officers drive right by 2
chained dogs i know of every single day and do nothing.  they dogs are
filthy, aggressive, malnourished and have no shelter.  they are out there
24/7/365.
our winters and summers are extreme.  you'd better believe that if i see one
of these dogs "go down" i will remove him myself and will probably get bitten
in the process by animals who, in all likelihood, have had no vaccinations
(that's not enforced here either).  i do not live in the middle of the desert -
live in a town with a population of 9500 - we are within 2 hours drive of a
very large city.  so, please, do NOT make such blanket statements about what
law enforcement will or will not do.  here they do NOTHING except use their
county provided vehicles for running errands.
diane
Diane Strasser
Silstra German Shepherds
"In dog years I'm dead." - Author unknown