[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Court Date for Tammy of Dogs Deserve Better

  • From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • To: lfossland@xxxxxxx, tsaligsds@xxxxxxxxxxx, JANGSD@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 17:02:21 EDT

In a message dated 9/15/2006 2:39:03 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
lfossland@xxxxxxx writes:
Kathy,  we are talking about chained dogs, dogs that are down and cannot get
up. A  run or a crate are entirely different things. In that case I would
contact  the authorities until I get results. But this was something that
needed to  be taken care of right away and obviously no one cared, not even
the  authorities who could have helped.
Lee

Respectfully Lee, if I thought the situation was that dire, I would  have had
the authorities there.  There would be no circumstance I can  imagine short
of a house/barn fire that would induce me to take immediate action  i.e.
trespass and remove an animal (that's stealing where I come from), before  the
authorities arrived.

You aren't talking about the boon-docks here.  PA has dog wardens  assigned
to every district.  We have local police and State police.  I  speak at
shelters for their "Pet Pals" clubs.  I know these people and they  ARE
responsive.

Sorry, IMO the story doesn't pass the smell test.  Did you see the  photos? I
saw the photos.  ONE old-looking dog, (not multiple) laying on  the muddy
ground, chained, but within reach of a dog house, food and water  containers.
white dog, GSD/mix type looking muddy but relatively OK  on the next chain,
standing and barking, also with a dog house, also with  containers for food and
water. Not everyone keeps their dogs the way we do, and  I'm sorry if Tammy
doesn't like it, (I don't particular like it either), but it  isn't illegal to
chain a dog, although I WOULD prefer my neighbor chain a  dog rather than let
it run loose. (Those pictures, I'm sorry to say are repeated  for many a farm
dog, and when they get old, not everyone spends $$$$$ at the vet  trying to
make them comfortable, not all of them are brought into the house w/ a  nice
bed
in front of the fire and sadly to my way of thinking, some aren't PTS  at the
end of their days in what most would consider a timely  manner.)  If that
doesn't please someone, they can work within the  laws to get the laws changes,
not trespass and not steal.

Ever watch Animal Cops on AP?  Same thing.  Because the white dog  looked OK,
they probably would have given the owners a few days to take the  other dog
to the vet.  Maybe it was sick, maybe it couldn't get up, maybe a  lot of
things.

Kathy
member GSDCA, DVGSDC
three  generations of Dual Titled TC'd Champions live here!

visit _Pine  Hill German Shepherd Dogs_