[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Costco food vs. natural

  • From: trennie100@xxxxxxx
  • To: genoaktortoise@xxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 25 Jul 2009 20:48:36 -0400

I have been using Kirkland kibble for over 15 years. First I started with the
Nutra Nuggets. A few years ago, the Costco where I live was out of Nutra
Nuggets,  so I purchased a few bags of Kirkland Chicken & Rice.. The dogs I
have now liked it mixed with what I had left of the Nutra Nuggets.. I had no
problems switching over. Then, my son brought home Kirkland Lamb and Rice by
accident.. Rather than drive 80 miles round trip to return a couple of bags of
the wrong flavor, I mixed it in with the Chicken & Rice. They loved it! So, I
started getting half Chicken and half Lamb. For whatever reason, they decided
they liked the Lamb and Rice better even tho' their favorite thing in the whole
world is either raw or cooked chicken or raw turkey necks.. My one bitch,
"Mindy" that most of you know of, has been on Kirkland since birth and she is
now still kicking at 12 1/2 years old. I tried ALL of the "designer" brands in
between with nothing but problems then they just stopped eating. I have never
had a stool problem, coats are excellent, and my dogs very seldom see a vet
except for routine checkups, rabies shots, etc.
I highly recommend any Kirkland product to anyone if there is a Costco near
enough to them to try it. As Kathleen Strong says, the price is very
reasonable, you get cash back at the end of year by using your card and if
you use your American Express card, you also get cash back on it. I make an 80
mile round trip every couple of
 weeks and stock up. Of course, being on a remote ranch, I get LOTS of other
supplies at Costco.

My 3 sons also use Kirkland on their Pit Bulls, older German Shepherds (both
10 & 12 and raised on Nutra Nuggets) and 3 Mastiff pups... Their dogs are all
thriving like my GSD's.

In all the years I have used Kirkland, I honestly do not remember ANY recall of
their kibbles.

Teona
Oasis Shepherds