[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Cost of x-ray and OFA

  • From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • To: vhvgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2006 10:21:42 EST

In a message dated 2/7/2006 10:15:52 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
vhvgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
I just  called my Vet. And asked what it would cost to have an x-ray and sent
into the  OFA.    I was shocked to hear the amount of $300.00 . Is this the
going price?
Here in Rockland, NY the Vet. Prices are worst then a  DR.
Fred & Donna Velten
Vom Haus Velten German  Shepherds

If a vet is using anesthesia, (blood work prior) and doing hips and  elbows,
that's fair on the East Coast.  OFA gets, what $35?  For an  extra 5 dollars
and a request in writing, they'll mail back your x-rays.   It's not on their
new forms, so you have to make a point of remembering.

If you can find a vet that doesn't use anesthesia, you'll pay considerably
less.

Kathy