[ SHOWGSD-L ] Cost of VDI blood draw - South Jersey/Phila area

  • From: gsdpal@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: ShowGSD List <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2011 12:08:16 -0400

I promised that I would post about the cost of having the VDI blood draw
done for the study.  The cost for the blood draw and subsequent processing
for shipment back to VDI for one dog was $21.
If you are in the southern New Jersey or Philadelphia area, are
participating in the study, and are concerned about the charges you might
incur to participate, here is the contact info for my vet:

Willingboro Veterinary Clinic
12 Sidney Lane
Willingboro, NJ  08046

Phone  609.871.1600

And here is a link to their website, where you can find directions
http://www.willingborovet.com/index.htm

IMPORTANT:  If you choose to have the blood draw done here, it is necessary
to tell them when you call for the appointment that you are participating in
the VDI cancer screening study, and you need a blood draw appointment with a
vet tech.  If you don't specify this, they will assume you are making an
appointment with one of the veterinarians, and you will be charged
significantly more than $21.

I have been a client at this clinic for 37 years, and I highly recommend it.

Jeanne Carlisle