[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Cosmetic Surgery

  • From: WLFHRTGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: hckryhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 23:27:47 EST

In a message dated 1/17/05 8:12:02 PM, hckryhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< I work nearly every day where we put humans under anesthesia..we don't run
them deep..nor are they intubated..as technically it is deep sedation done
with IV drugs and a short acting barbiurate.therefore I am. aware of
anesthesia risk..so as stated...if they chose to do the cosmetic because of
aesthetics..then that is their choice...most cosmetic surgeries done for
humans are optional..and certainly aren't matter of life and death..I am
certain their vet will speak to them of the potential risks..C.Grainger

I meant no ill will in my post, I wanted to make a point that surgery of any
kind is not without risk.  I'm familiar with the deep sedation you are
referring to, I've chosen that type of sedation for dental work, as opposed to
Novocain and white knuckling extraction of  two imploded molars and subsequent
implants.

I'm too chicken to even get another piercing in my ear, though I AM
considering a nice, tasteful GSD head tattoo on my shoulder!  <G> But I'd
probably run
screaming from the tattoo parlor once I saw the needle!

My apologies if I came down hard & heavy.  Still, I hope that anyone
considering any kind of surgery for their dog think it over very carefully.

Kelly Busse
Wolfheart German Shepherds