[ SHOWGSD-L ] Corresponding Secretary GSDCA challenges

  • From: "Sharon Allbright" <sharlen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2005 13:47:44 -0800

The position of Corresponding Secretary is a fun job but has many
challenges.  Thought I would share with everyone today.
One is receiving a call from a person so very anxious to buy a GSD puppy and
needs referrals.  The time is 5:45AM Sunday morning. But that's ok the
caller is from PA.
The next call is from a man in NV also anxious for a referral.  The time now
is 12:15 AM Monday morning.  I did caution him to please not call the
referral numbers until much later in the day which he promised to do.  Not
real sure if he listened so if anyone out there received a call I am sorry.
The last I'll share is a letter in today's mail.  From a boy saying he is 14
and so in love with the GSD.  He states, " I think a GSD will fit me just
fine."Would I please tell him all about them?  Tell him what he will have to
do to keep them happy.
Would I please take pictures of them and send them to him.
He ends his letter with one sentence.
'I would like it if you can send me a book on every single dog there is in
the world.  Thank you.

I am assuming he means every single GSD.
Well this boy named Cody is from Texas and as soon as and if I can figure
out his return address I will send him a list of breeders so everyone in
Texas do get prepared.
Also of note, this boy sent his letter to Blanche Beisswenger in NJ and the
letter was forwarded on to me from Blanche's sister Doris.
Sharon Allbright
Merry Christmas everyone.
now back to work