[ SHOWGSD-L ] Corrected Information re: FL HB101

  • From: Stormy435@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 13:38:55 EDT

ALERT UPDATE: Florida HB 101
About Florida HB 101: BREED SPECIFIC BANS IN FLORIDA!!!!
Response from
Office of Representative Bill Heller
Morning,

We have received all of your emails regarding HB 101 language being tacked
onto HB 1227. This information is not true and we are not sure where it is
coming from.

Also, to reassure you some more....

-I talked to HB 101's bill sponsor, Rep. Thurston's office this morning-
they have no plans on even attempting to put their language on ours.

-Unfortunately, HB 1227 is also dead for this session- it has not been heard
in the Senate or the House. So even if it was added, it would be going
anywhere. The House is pretty much done with committees for the year, so the
chances of HB 1227 getting heard are
slim to none. As you may know, we took this bill over when Rep. Peterman
left the House- we had very little time to get it amended.
We hope to do better next year.

-If the language was ever added, Rep. Heller does not support it, which
would likely deter committee members from voting for it.

We are thrilled to all of your support for our legislation and to hear your
opinions regarding others. I know this is an issue you are very passionate
about it and I can assure you that this language will go no where near our
language and would never pass would with Rep. Heller's name anywhere near it.
We
look forward to working with you
more in the future.

Merritt Martin