[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Continental Petsafe

  • From: ANN SCHULTZ <edangsd@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: avionkennels@xxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 09:47:33 -0700 (PDT)

I ship Continental a lot. I fill the cratewith torn up newspapers, throw a cup
or two of dry kibble in the bottom and then put the dog in. They can't get the
dog's head up to see if the ears touch the top. They're too busy trying to eat
the kibbles. Ann
Claire Drosdick <avionkennels@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Dear Carol:

I brought my 80 pound male to ship in a 500 crate to Tiffany and Joann for
conditioning for last year's Canadian National and Continental refused him
the night of his flight. I deliberately ship on redeyes so that the dogs
spend the least amount of time in the crate and I think that this was even a
non-stop from Seattle to Chicago, but they insisted that he had to go in a
700! He is a normal male! If he was in a 700, he would be slammed around
like a beebe in a boxcar. The freight Nazis at Continental are the worst!
Why don't they just say they won't ship animals???? instead of surprising
owners when they arrive to ship!

I have a flight on Wednesday where I am flying to to New York City and
bringing my daughter's female to her (about 70 lbs) and I am afraid that she
will be rejected in a 500 crate. I believe that Continental's Petsafe
Program should permit the dogs to travel in a 500 if their vet says that
theycan, or establish a time limit, 10 hours or something. If a dog sleeps
overnight in a 500 crate every night with no problem, a 700 is a ridiculous
requirement. I asked what they would require a Great Dane to travel in if
they wanted a 700 for a GSD and they said he would have to go in a pallet
with wooden sides!

Please discuss and drive some sense into these people!

Claire Drosdick

Avion Kennels

Des Moines, WA

Ann , Home of Sel Ex Ch Mechanical Bull and #1 Dam I've Got It All ROM
     Breeder-Owner of 62 Champions and 18 ROMs
 www.edangsd.com