[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Continental Airlines again...

  • From: "Carolyn" <marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx>, "The List" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 21:50:10 -0800

I've used Continental for years.....and yes they DID go through the Terminal at
that
time and we only paid excess baggage also.   Used them a few times...no problem.
However with the new policy they do neither.   It has been changed for about 3
years now.    I have talked to Continental many times and they now charge
full price  ( $384.  ) last time I checked  for me to get a dog DIRECTLY from
Sacramento into Houston with me!!   I will still fly a dog with Continental
without me.....
but never WITH me anymore.
That added hour to get to Cargo at some airports to get yourself back up to the
Terminal and checked in an hr. and a half early is just too long and nerve
wracking.
Same with picking them up at a strange airport.
I have used all the airlines and right now Continental is the only one that
does this.
IF we continue to use them with these rules........the other airlines will soon
follow.......

I don't know how it worked for you in Newark.....but GOOD FOR YOU.....but
according
to every person handling the reservations when I call......they must go to
Cargo....and
I have never booked a dog to fly WITH me since they started that to know if it
would be
as you say.
I take them at their word......and I have communicated with them many many
times.
I only use them now for flying a dog alone.
I have talked to "the guys"  at our Cargo office here and they tell me that
Continental
is the only one that does that so far.......but that it definitely has to go
through Cargo as per
Continental policy.   They are also the only one that charges full price for
the dog.....so far.

We actually had an "incident'  with Continental with a bitch coming in.   Since
it was late
they told us to pick her up at the Terminal.
We showed up at the terminal and they did not have her....they did not know
where she
was....they knew nothing!!!   It was not their policy to have a dog go through
the terminal
and could not help us!
We insisted they call Cargo before we left to check there......and sure enough
she was there
waiting because that was Continental Policy and rules.....AND Cargo was closing
and we had to
RUSH down there to get her.    The guys at Cargo knew us and waited and said
that no matter
what we were told on the phone......they handled Cargo and NO DOGS go through
the
Terminal with Continental.
I wouldn't say this if it were not our experience and what we have been told
over and over...
This is not an AIRPORT policy.....it is a Continental Airlines policy.
To the best of my knowledge they have not changed back.........but admittedly I
quit asking...

Carolyn    marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.Marhaven.com