[ SHOWGSD-L ] Continental

  • From: "David Fritsche" <d_fritsche@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2006 09:52:28 -0700

> This is the same issue we ran into to get Kit from DC to me.  Mom ended up
> driving him down as no planes that were big enough for a 700 fly into any
> of the 3 DC area airports.  They wanted her to go to Newark to ship the
> dog to Miami.  That is 1/4 the trip down, so she visited her grandkids
> too.
>
>  Kit fit in the 500 just fine for travel and training. He would have been
> fine for a 2 1/2 hour trip in a 500, but rules are rules.  sheila

This past week, I have spent no less than 4 hours on web sites and on the
phone to airlines....

I've talked to everyone that flies out of Reno, Sacramento, San Francisco,
Las Vegas and Bangladish.....
The problem is that most of the aircraft that fly to smaller airports, like
Reno and St. Louis, are not jumbo jets with wide bodies and the smaller
planes cannot handle the 500 crate, which they require. There are no direct
flights, and many could get us to where we change planes, but could not get
us from there. In most cases, reservations in India had no clue what I was
talking about and no phone numbers to get the answer.

We did finally find one flight that could handle the crate on three legs of
the flight with a three dog limit. On one leg however, there was a one dog
limit, and there policy includes a warning that passanger luggage takes
priority over animals, so with the increased security and a decrease in
carry on luggage, it is possible for the dog to get bumped off the flight
that we just took off on....

And, so here we are, flying expectantly to the nationals, while our future
GVX is setting in Tim-buck-too, so Aunt Ethel can have her wig and make-up
on the plane with her. There's something wrong with this picture.....

Oh well, if we don't arrive, would someone else take the GVX spot for us and
enjoy it??????
Dave