[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Considering quitting

  • From: stormy435 <stormy435@xxxxxxx>
  • To: fairway97045@xxxxxxxxx, "showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2009 09:19:11 -0700

Thank you, Terry... my issue of thinking about quitting came after I read the
Analysis of the upcoming CA bills yesterday.  On the bill that caps breeding
animals (any age unsterilized with the AC able to take overages) there were 4
or 5 organizations and a few letters.  On the upcoming bill that is worse than
AB1634, (being heard in the first committee in a couple of hours) there was
negligible opposition.

And I KNOW all the people who are active (me, included) were email ALERTS and
information out on how important these two bills are.  It was the same in
several other states.  Making it easy for people to oppose.  Hitting my head
against a block wall HURTS!

I don't show anymore, or breed.... I just care that our freedoms of choices are
being taken animal by animal, food group by food group, choice of clothing,
number of animals... (SHoot, even pet store by pet store!!)  more and more, by
this (REALLY!) relatively small fringe group who is dictating to the rest of us.

And many of you all are letting them!  I was going to say "we are", but that
block wall with my "headprint" says I'm not................yet.

Stormy

On Apr 15, 2009, at 9:06:24 AM, "Terry Cochran" <fairway97045@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
The time is coming when the decision to stop or continue will be made for you
by the dog legislation that is being passed. The one that just passed the house
in Oregon state will put a stop to much of the breeding that is going on there
by hobby breeders. Not that they are going to band it but they will pass lemon
laws that says if you breed a dog with a genetic problem you will be
responsible for the vet bills. Who is willing to take a chance on that? The
ironic thing about this is that the only breeders left standing will be those
that can afford the insurance that it will take to continue, Hunte comes to
mind. He will be buying our dogs

My advise is to enjoy your breeding programs while they last because it is
truly a dying sport. We have spent way too much time hoping and wishing that
the few fighters among us will win the fight. Our success or failure rest on
our own shoulders. No one to blame but ourselves. If we could have put as much
passion into fighting animal legislation that we put into fighting
amongst ourselves, then we might have won.
Terry

--
Stormy Hope
www.carpoc.org