[ SHOWGSD-L ] Congratulations/ Stud Dog Brag @ Katrina

  • From: "Nancy Harper" <nancy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2005 13:46:43 -0400

Congratulations to all the winners at the Canadian National.  Understand the
quality was awesome!  What a great National this is - fun, relaxed and
friendly.

Congratulations also to Nancy Battaglia, who is not on the list,  on her dog
Van Cleve's Dashell Hammett (sp?) Back to Back majors under Rita Sandell and
Sandy Dancosse in Ohio.  Dash is litter brother to our Van Cleve's Dee Dee v
Heinerburg  - who has 5 points and was Sr Bitch @ Great Lakes Futurity.
Another litter sister has two 5 point major reserves, litter is sired by our
own Can Sel Am Ch O'Danny Boy of Heinerburg out of the lovely bitch Van Cleve's
Cassandra v Kaleef line bred Dallas and Lothario.
Son returned from NO, gave details of rescue efforts, took dogs off of roofs
etc.  Stories are heartbreaking.  Some dogs and cats had been without food for
15 or more days and without water for as long as two weeks.  Many dehydrated.
There were over 4,000 dogs at the shelter.
Many people gave there all to help including Margaret Trehan and friends.  Also
handler C.J. Favre was down there with his van loaded up.  Charlie, (son) never
had to purchase a meal for himself, stayed at a Chemical Engineer's house who
was also helping out.  Had Hepatitis A & B shots having been out in the water
for rescue. Shots were given by the Military.  I am sure there are many stories
of selfless giving by many.  People sure come together in a crisis.  If there
is any good whatsoever in a horrific act of nature like Katrina, maybe it is
makes us stop, think about all we have, and focus on the needs of others and
forget about what, by comparison, now appears inconsequential.

Congratulations to fellow club member Joyce Quick on finishing her girl this
week-end, Joyce put the last point on herself, first point too.  Way to go
Joyce!
Nancy Harper