[ SHOWGSD-L ] Congrats, Thanks, No Brags Here... Ottawa, Canada

  • From: "Ron Peet & Jenn Somogyi" <foxfels@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 22:08:05 -0400

Congrats to all winning at the Ottawa Area GSDC in Ottawa, Canada last
weekend!  Thanks to the hard working club members as always for once again
hosting a top notch event.

To all of our friends and clients - Leanne, Dawn and Tom, Georgina, Wendy,
Jackie, Donna and Pat, Jose... Thanks for standing by us as always,
especially when a crowded puppy class became an issue!  A new crop of up and
coming youngsters didn't necessarily make for a lot of ribbons, but the
weekend did make for much progress in experience and ring time.  Thanks to
both Don Smith and Vicki Roye for their easy ring manner, good procedure,
and excellent hands on the young dogs.

We had an excellent weekend, a little flat on Saturday, but after a great
dinner and a good sleep, Sunday was much less stressful and easier to bear.
Of course the lunch break events were the highlights of my weekend - Jr.
Handling - who could not laugh!!  Our 'handler in training', Sera, had such
a blast, thanks to everybody cheering her on, now her head REALLY doesn't
fit through the door...  And Kerri Sachau's two boys were great, with calm
demeanors and gentle hands on the babies.  The puppies were awesome and took
it all in stride.

It's not too often that I am humbled, but to be asked to guide one of the
grandest dames of the breed in the honor parade did it.  The Princess -
Can/US GVx Ivana, at 11 + years old went around the ring as she was born to
do, revelling in the applause.  Let me tell you it was a hell of a moment,
and one I won't ever forget.  Les and Donna, we all have ups and downs, you
always work through with strength and class, can admit being wrong and stand
firm when you're not.  We love you and thank you for all we have shared to
date, and will share in the future!

Wishing all the best for the coming week, we are home this weekend building
a roof and there is nowhere I'd rather be!

J.
~~
Ron Peet & Jenn Somogyi
Foxhunter and Kiefernfels Kennels