[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Conflicts

  • From: Terry Cochran <fairway97045@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nancy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2010 12:01:51 -0700 (PDT)

#2 Not all litters bred in the USA are being bred to the USA standard. They
register here because that is the easiest way to go.
#3 the folks that I speak too both American lines and German lines. Pets
1000.00 to 1,500.00 Show 2500 and up.

#4 some people are just stupid and believe that the mixes are healthier.   It
is better they buy a mix because they are not bright enough to own a GSD

#5 The PC should do all that it can afford to do to promote the breed, as much
as their budget allows.

#8 If the hosting club can not host the Fut Mat along with their specialty
shows then there is little reason for the club to go out on the limb
financially to host the event. The only benefit the hosting club gets is
the possibility of a larger entry at their specialty shows. Availability of
show grounds also plays an important part. Oregon parks in the Portland Metro
cost 150.00 per day plus added insurance costs.

If you eliminate regions from the west coast you had better do the same thing
for the east cost if you don't want to host a civil war.

Try this for one year
Combine  Regions 1,2,3
combine regions 4,5
Combine region 6, 7
Combine region 8,9

See where the bottom line is at the end of the year then base your decision on
the numbers.

You will loose entries but you also will be reducing the costs. In the long run
it may be more financially sound and keep the event alive.
Just my thoughts,
Terry