[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Concerns Regarding Regional Clubs and Upcoming Elections

  • From: Stormy Hope <Stormy435@xxxxxxx>
  • To: terraf@xxxxxxxxxxxx, GSD list <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Aug 2009 16:52:40 -0700

I understand your concerns, Terra, however, If each member on a list
(GSDCA member or not) has been approved by the Admin, sponsored by
list members, with no objections raised by list members, I don't see
the reason for an exclusive list.  If I remember right (and sometimes
I do) there have been more than a few members of this list who were
not PC members when they joined, but because of the discussions and
subjects raised, became PC members.   Others, who for financial
reasons, had to drop the PC for a couple of years, kept up with the
issues and rejoined as soon as they were able.  Very valuable members.

But then I believe in openess, not divisiveness or exclusivity.  To
close a list to potential valuable members seems counterproductive.
If there is a subject so volatile that it should not be shared, then
it would soon leak from a closed list without the benefit of the many
viewpoints of an open list.  Even against list rules, how many
subjects here are soon subject de jour of other GSD lists?

JMO, of course (like whose else could it be???)

STormy