[ SHOWGSD-L ] Concerns Regarding Regional Clubs and Upcoming Elections

  • From: "Terra Fairburn" <terraf@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Aug 2009 16:43:16 -0500

This is a concern that I have along with members of the GSDC of the Quad
Cities;  as the numbers continue to grow smaller and smaller at GS specialties
and all breed shows and more and more regional clubs choose to disband, what
will the Parent club and its Board members do to assist with this downward
slide?  Are Regional Clubs important to the Parent Club?  I have been told that
two other clubs in the Midwest will disband this year.
What is the WDA initiative?

Do you think it is appropriate to sue or bring a lawsuit against the GSDCA
while a sitting Board Member?

Now relating to OPEN Communication;  can the Parent Club support a LIST that
allows communication(s) to be shared immediately?  Why not appoint a
"Communications Expert" whose job it would be to get out the Board Meeting
Notes, Issues, etc as soon as they are approved on a Parent Club LIST that is
moderated but that allows for discussion based on the Parent Club.  Meaning
that only GSDCA members would be allowed to see or participate on the
subjects-information presented.  The Communication Expert would only present
"approved" dialogue per the By Laws of the GSDCA.  And yes this would cause
some heated discussions.  Isn't it a free country?  Isn't this happening today
with the health care issues.

I personally enjoy the seeing how others think or perceive stuff.  But I also
want to know the truth in a more timely fashion so I can make better informed
decisions.  I would like to think that everyone has an opinion and that not
everyone agrees but there is always middle ground.

I would just like to have the Parent Club have it's own LIST to be able to
Print the Truth much quicker so everyone can see it.  The Parent Club must have
the ability and Power to regulate itself.  That is why we elect the members
because we are giving them our vote to manage the club.  If we vote them in we
must know that they can be trusted to do what the club needs.  The problem
comes when we don't know who we are voting for or we don't attempt to find out.
 Or we can't get in touch with them to verify information and so on.

I will state it again...this is not blaming...we need to know if future GSDCA
board members adhere to OPEN Communication.  Will there be transparency?
I always laugh when the GSDCA sends out a paragraph about a future Board Member
at election time.  Yes I know that the person is limited to how much they are
allowed to write.  I see that as a major CENSORSHIP Issue!  (Limited to 100
words in their biography).
Terra Fairburn & Nanc Kinley
Keggi Fair German Shepherds
www.keggifair.com