[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Concerned

  • From: "Liane Fossland" <lfossland@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Helen Franklin" <helen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Show GSD List" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Sep 2005 12:32:30 -0700

There are problems we can work on, they are within our reach to change and
make better. There are others which we cannot do anything about and that is
Mother Nature, Global Warming is part of it, and all the worrying is not
going to change that. It is ludicrous for us to worry about it. Natural
disasters have always happened through the centuries. If we learn how to
deal with them, one by one as they occur, we will be wiser the next time
around.

Liane Fossland
Home of Ch. Donar, Loni,CD, Auburn, Kara Mia and Windy
www.steppenwindgsd.com

EarthLink Revolves Around You.

recorded history.  Recently our local coast was besieged by black jelly
fish that have never before surfaced on the beaches and the oceanographic
institute said it was probably due to warmer sea waters.  Our gulf coast
may be experiencing larger than normal hurricanes (now and in the future)
and there are severe draughts in other parts of the globe.   The whole
world (except the U.S.) has expressed major concern about global warming
and climate changes.  Are they right?  Will more weather related records be
broken?   All of this even effects our beloved hobby.  Some airlines are
not accepting dogs and the cost of gasoline prohibits a number of
exhibitors from driving long distances to shows.  Recent events and the
possible change in weather will affect every part of our lives.  How
concerned should we be?