[ SHOWGSD-L ] Complete change of topic(non doggy)

  • From: VPREZHMF@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, gsdshowlist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 1 Jun 2008 10:24:49 EDT

Just looked out my window to see a mama deer with her little brand new baby
coming out of my adjoining wooded land on to my lawn,. It's been so cold here
for so long ,I thought we were never going to get nice sunny weather. Today
is  one of those glorious blue sky sunny 70 degree weather. As  I  usually
check my computer first thing in the AM, I always look out the window to  see
where " my herd" are and what they are doing. There are seven of them this
year.
I never know how many are going to survive the cold winter and road kill,
until late spring. They continue to return,each year as they find safety in
the
fenced in 3 acres. They come in through the front gate of the property,  or
I've seen them jump the 5 ft chain link fence that surrounds the area  The past
two years I've told about the two sets of twins born. But this year  they
were very late coming back. I was beginning to think they had all been  killed
off. Hunting is illegally in Lake Elmo,but we are getting more  traffic as more
houses are built. But this is the first one and ,a singleton,  and almost
"frisky" ,like a puppy. I've seen the mama deer "checking out the  spot
apparently" for the last 2 weeks,since it's bout 60 ft from my computer  room
window.
It'll be fun to watch them grow up again. Lots of good stuff to eat  this year
with all the rain.  Helen Miller  Fisher

Tyler Florence" on AOL Food.