[ SHOWGSD-L ] Come on down

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 1 Aug 2010 12:05:59 EDT

Kmgraphic2@xxxxxxx writes:

if  everyone took all the energy spent on
whining, complaining and  thinking of ways to make everything  "easy",
positive
things would be  done more often.

I was helping a young lady, Summer, learn to handle Kierkagaard. She is
doing fantastic, has four Best Puppy wins on the young dog, and one Reserve
already.  I think it is four, there are some Opposite Best Puppy wins too,  I
think.

 Her parents had never had a dog, and they now have Kirk's bother  Plato.
Last Saturday Summer's dad took Plato around the ring, and the dog  looked
great, and it looks like we might have another new handler.  They  came up to
the house yesterday to see the two week old O'connor puppies. I have  no
idea why, they look like a pile of rats.  The puppies not Summer and her
family.

The family is going to bring a grill to the upcoming shows, and I am going
to donate the Vienna Beef hot dogs again, and they have agreed to help set
up  the rings and even help cook.  That alone should bring us four or five
entries.

I think they might be on the List, but they have joined the Long Beach
club, and make a great new addition.   Summer's young brother seems  interested
and in a year or two, he might join in with handling.

This is a family that had never had a dog, and their dad comes  from
Lebanon and they discouraged animals in the home.  They are being  sucked into
the
American way with pets, and that is a good thing.  We know  that as Summer
grows, she might find other interests, (boys for one), but for  now, she is
doing a great job. And, everyone from Bill Basu, Jerry Guzman, Grace  and JR
give her so much encouragement it is amazing. They are, however, trying  to
get her to ignore everything I have taught her.  That probably is a good
idea.

Encourge people and they will be there.

Evan  Ginsburg
Asgard German Shepherds
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement and Temperament  come together