[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Colorado STATE Mandatory Spay/Neuter Bill

  • From: Fran Henry <fhenry1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <PamJB1@xxxxxxx>, showgsd <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2008 09:35:21 -0700

This was on the NAIA list this morning.
Re: [NAIAandNAIATrustMembers] FW: [RDOWS] Colorado STATE Mandatory
Spay/Neuter Bill

I'm about ready to blow a gasket with this one. Someone has been giving out
inaccurate information from here in Colorado! THIS IS NOT a bill for a
general spay neuter law. It is a bill for shelters and rescues to
spay/neuter the animals they adopt out.  It does not apply to animals the
owners reclaim nor to anyone but licensed rescues and shelters.  The
Colorado Federation of Dog Clubs has been following this bill before it even
became a bill, and I have been at every hearing, as has our lobbyist.  We
have taken a neutral position on it and really don't have a problem with it
as currently written.  We will be at the hearing tomorrow to make sure no
changes are made that we would oppose.

Please feel free to forward this, and give out my e-mail if anyone want more
information.

Linda Hart
kharahs@...
Colorado Federation of Dog Clubs Secretary

Fran Henry