[ SHOWGSD-L ] Colorado STATE Mandatory Spay/Neuter Bill

  • From: PamJB1@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2008 20:14:46 EST

This was just sent to me about a statewide attempt for Colorado now.  Denver
and Aurora each have one, and now they seem to be trying for the big  guns.
Pam and the pack.

Hi All,

The  Colorado Senate Agricultural Committee will be considering a MANDATORY,
STATE-WIDE, spay/neuter bill tomorrow morning.  This bill has already  peen
passed at the House level.  The bill is sponsored and the  lobbyists payed for
by the Denver Dumb Friends League.  (What a  surprise!!!)

I STRONGLY encourage you [beg you] to forward it to any  of your 'doggie'
friends and encourage them to read it and following the  instructions.
Remember
to be respectful in your communications.   You can catch more flies with honey
than vinegar.  Just remind them  that "We own dogs and WE VOTE."

Jim  Alford
Folks,

The  Spay/Neuter bill is being heard tomorrow in the Colorado State Senate Ag
 Committee.  This bill would require any shelter or rescue to  spay/neuter
any animal prior to the animal going to it's prospective new  home.  While on
the surface this may sound to you like a good thing the  bill in my opinion has
some unintended consequences.  I'm also  concerned that if a bill like this
becomes law it all too easy to change the  language to add any animal going to
prospective new home and that would  affect each of us who participate in
rescue or breeding.

Please  contact each member of the Senate Ag committee.  Member's names,
telephone numbers and emails are listed below.  Please be very sure  to be
respectful in your email and telephone communications.  At  this time it is
only
necessary to place the telephone call and tell them  that you oppose HB 08-1185
the Spay/Neuter Bill.  You can make this  phone call anytime tonight and leave
a message on their voicemail.  The  same is true for email.  Staff members
will tabulate this information  and make it available for the committee
members.
Remember tact,  respectful comments make the largest impression.

Colorado State  Senate
Agriculture, Natural Resources and Energy  Committee
Members

Senator Jim Isgar, Chairman..telephone  303-866-4884, email:
_isgarsenate@xxxxxxxxxxxxx (mailto:isgarsenate@xxxxxxxxxxxx)
Senator   Gail Schwartz, Vice Chair, 303-866-4871, email:
_gail.schwartz.senate@xxxxxxxxxxxx (mailto:gail.schwartz.senate@xxxxxxxxxxx)
Senator  Greg Brophy, 303-866-6360, email:  _greg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(mailto:greg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx)
Senator Dan  Gibbs, 303-866-4873, email:  _dan.gibbs.senate@xxxxxxxxxxxx
(mailto:dan.gibbs.senate@xxxxxxxxxxx)
Senator  Ted Harvey, 303-866-4881, email:  _ted.harvey.senate@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
(mailto:ted.harvey.senate@xxxxxxxxxxxx)
Senator  Chris Romer, 303-866-4852, email:  _chris.romer.senate@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
(mailto:chris.romer.senate@xxxxxxxxxxxx)
Senator  Jack Taylor, 303-866-5292, emial:  _jack.taylor.senate@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
(mailto:jack.taylor.senate@xxxxxxxxxxxx)

Remember,  respectfully ask them to oppose HB08-1185.  You do not need to
leave a  long detailed message as at this stage the aids will take the comments
and  put them in a column For or Against.

If you are interested in  attending the hearing tomorrow or have any
questions please email and I'll  get the info to you asap.

Thanks in  advance,

Cindy Knox
Cinergy Boxers
_www.cinergyboxers.com_ (http://www.cinergyboxers.com)   _cjava@xxxxxxxxxxx