[ SHOWGSD-L ] Colorado SNOW & Sunshine

  • From: walflwr2@xxxxxxx
  • To: Stormy435@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 16:19:24 -0400

Okay, I'll step in for you Stormy.

I judged last year in Denver.  It was an outside show. when I arrived on
Friday, there was a wet, heavy snaw falling.  I expect it accumulated 3-5"
overnight.  The next morning the club members were out snow shoveling the grass
in my ring (you HAD to see those pictures.  What a hoot!).  I began judging at
9am in a wool jacket & turtleneck.  The sun came out and on the lunch break not
only was the snow gone, but I had to walk back to the motel to change into
something lighter and cooler or risk having a heat stroke.

I spent about 12 years of my life growing up in Colorado and can assure you
that the sun will always shine there at least SOME part of the day, 362 days of
the year, and WHEN that sun comes out, you will be warm when you are in it.
You may freeze to death when you get into a shadow, but the sun will be
comfortable.

Lanalee (the O&O)