[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Colorado National: condemnation for Denvers actions???

  • From: PamJB1@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2005 16:19:48 EDT

OK, ok everyone. As a true native born in Denver and raised around the  metro
area, I admit the BSL is an awful way to treat the majority because of a
minority. But again, it's the city not the state and that's a lot of miles and
people that don't live in Denver. I've been to a couple of shows at the new
Larimer County fairgrounds and it's a beautiful location right next to the
highway. It's just east of the city of Loveland where all those Valentines go
be stamped every year. It's a straight freeway shot from DIA, and you never
need  to step anywhere near the city limits of Denver. There is Aurora, but
many
are  doing their best to get the proposed BSL pit ban pushed out.
I agree showing those appropriate government people would go a long way to
improving the reality of how good people can have good dogs regardless of
breed.  But also, bring in the media. Show them what a good Shepherd can do.
Show
the  breed, obedience, agility, herding, and all of the great things these dogs
can  do. Invite channels 9, 7, and 4..heck even local channels to do some
good  publicity for all. A newspaper or two thrown in for good measure.
I've lived here all of my life, and it's a great place. The weather  should
be beautiful, and a far fewer number than you'd expect are ever bothered  by
the altitude. So come on down and plan for a grand week, and do some sight
seeing while you're here. The Rockies are just a short drive west.
From a native and a German Shepherd fan.
Pam and the pack.