[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Colorado Nationa 2012l!!!!!

  • From: InquestGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: beth.reynolds@xxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2011 08:43:17 EST

Thank You Beth for the reminder, we do need to get busy with this.  9  days
is plenty of time for everyone to find 5 minutes to contact OUR  board.
Lets do it !!

* Ileana  *
Inquest GSD's, Home of :
2 x Sel EX AM CH & Sel CAN CH Karizma's  Cacique of Inquest TC, aka DEXTER
Kaleef's Expensive Date (major pointed) aka  JACKIE

In a message dated 2/28/2011 11:43:59 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
beth.reynolds@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

Good Evening All

I feel its time to bring up the  2012 Colorado National Again. Why? Because
on Thursday March 10th the GSDCA  board will hold a teleconference meeting
discuss this very item. I am  not happy that the board voted to change the
Ft. Collins National to St.  Louis after Ft. Collins has a SIGNED CONTRACT!
I am not happy that they  felt to do so with the date being two months later
when many wont risk the  travel to that area. I am not happy that another
contract will be broken ,  I am not happy that one of the best show sites
may
be lost forever because  the board decided to "save money". I honestly don't
feel money will be  saved if the National is changed from Ft. Collins to St.
Louis. Why?  Colorado's National dates are two weeks earlier in October than
our 2007  National. Any issues we had we fixed. We have a hotel on site
now. The St.  Louis National dates are for the second week in November,
which is so close  to Thanksgiving. Remember all of the people who mentioned
it was hard to  fly out of St. Louis the last time with dog?. Now put into
perspective  doing this so close to Thanksgiving!!!!!!!. Many people wont
risk driving  to the St. Louis show site at this time of year because of
weather . The  Purina Farms site isn't big enough indoors for our national
so tents will  need to be set up to accommodate us, this price is steep(have
you looked up  tent prices in your area for what our show would require? I
don't know if  this price was given to the board as a consideration. Plus
heaters and  maybe flooring depending on how cold and wet it may be. Also
there is a per  dog shown fee that Purina Farms receives for all venues, in
addition to the  price they gave.

Please ask questions, please question the board Please  don't be
complacent!.
They are here to serve YOU. Get a dialogue going on  this. Its not to late.

I want to keep the 2012 National here in  Colorado for many reasons. You
should also. Contact your board who works  for you.

TishW@xxxxxxx <mailto:TishW%40aol.com>  Tish  Walker

VPGSDCA@xxxxxxx <mailto:VPGSDCA%40aol.com>  Lana  Jorgenson Law

jmoses0924@xxxxxxx  <mailto:jmoses0924%40aol.com>  James Moses

EKOLAN1@xxxxxxx  <mailto:EKOLAN1%40aol.com>  Fred  Miglorie