[ SHOWGSD-L ] Colorado- Littleton Seizes Dogs-English Setter Rescue VERY IMPORTANT READ

  • From: Stormy435@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2008 14:28:55 EST

For those who didn't read it the first or second time.
Colorado - City of Littleton Seizes Dogs from English Setter Rescue
http://www.animalcontrolwatch.com/?p=3

 February 25, 2008 at 8:59 am · Filed under Rescue
On Friday, February 15, 2008, the founder of All Setter Rescue, Bob
 Attleson, had the doors at his residence physically kicked (rammed) in
 and â??HISâ?? dogs [English Setters], seized by the City of Littleton. He had
one 18
 month old male, three of his champion bitches and 4 nine week old puppies.
The
 dogs were taken with a court order alleging that they were being abused.On
that Friday morning Bob was at the Plum Creek All Breed Shows in
 Denver showing his brace of English Setters. Funny names for the dogs but,
 â??Pigâ?? and â??Joâ?? went Best Brace in Show at age 7 and 1/2 or 8 years of
age.
 canâ??t remember their true ages, but I am close.

Over the past year Bob has been harassed and sighted for â??over the dog
 limits.â?? Many of these citations came when he was either picking up a
 rescue and had not placed it in foster as yet or when he was grooming a
rescue
 after the dog was placed in foster and brought to him for grooming. It didnâ??
 matter to the City of Littleton, if that was the day that they dropped in
for
 an inspection, the dogs were counted and Bob was issued another citation.
 Bob has been in court at least three times defending his position that he is
 active in Rescue and that all the dogs, his and the rescues are loved and
cared
 for and some being medically attended to coming in from a shelter or an
 owner turn in.

This Friday, February 22, 2008, Bob, his attorneys, Bobâ??s neighbors,
 members of the Irish Setter Club of Colorado, members of the English Setter
 Parent Club, President and members of All Breed Rescue Network [ABRN],
 friends and family were all present at the â??Emergency Motion For Hearing On
 Illegal Seizure Of Property.â?? filed by Bobâ??s attorney, Susan M. Martin.
There was
 standing room only. The hearing was held and there were stipulations that
Bob
 had to agree to in order to get his dogs back. His only concern was for the
 safety and welfare of his dogs and that meant agreeing to things totally
unfair
 and nothing could be done about it at this time. If he did not agree, his
 dogs would suffer the consequences. The judge then signed an order that the
dogs
 be immediately released after both parties agreed. One of the stipulations
 was that the dogs could only be released to Bobâ??s agents, the two
 attorneys. Both attorneys agreed as they are dog people and also active in
rescue,
 however, not in the City of LIttleton, where rescue seems to be outlawed.

Even with the Court Order to release Bobâ??s dogs, it did not go well.
 Bobâ??s dogs were being held at the Colorado Humane Society, a privately owned
 organization that is under investigation and sighted for inhumane
 activities. The Denver Police had to be called out to officiate to see that
the
 Judgeâ??s Orders were carried out. If you have read this far, you are probably
asking,
 why and how can this be happening? We are and have all been asking
 ourselves these same questions. But I sat in court with the others and we
were
 very upset with what we were witnessing and to what Bob had to stipulate to.

I am writing this to the list because Bobâ??s friends on the west coast
 have asked about this, they are calling it the Colorado Incident. They and
 everyone concerned should have the details straight from the horses mouth.
 Channel 7 was present at the hearing and the story should be aired when they
get
 it put together and there is a time slot. We are also trying to put together
 a â??Defense Fundâ?? to help Bob with further action against the City of
 Littleton for harassment; mental, physical and financial damages. I asked
the
 attorneys who was going to pay for the damages done? There will be more
court
 hearings and appeals. Anyone interested in the Motion that was filed may
email
 me as I have permission to share it with all Bobâ??s concerned friends.

I hope this post is appropriate. It involves rescue and a very decent
 and caring person that for the last 30 years or more has given more then
 anyone I know to saving the lives of lost setters.

Babs
 Barbara Miller
 Berthoud, CO

one small voice for those that cannot speak
 All Setter Rescue

Just another example of rescuers being harrassed.

Contact information for City of Littleton, Colorado:

http://www.littletongov.org/

City of Littleton
 2255 W. Berry Ave.
 Littleton, CO 80165
 Ph: 303-795-3700
 M-F 8am-5pm

It's Tax Time! Get tips, forms, and advice on AOL
Money & Finance.
      (http://money.aol.com/tax?NCID=aolprf00030000000001)