[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Color question

  • From: EKOLAN1@xxxxxxx
  • To: VDanhoffer@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 13:04:56 EDT

In a message dated 7/16/2007 11:26:35 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
VDanhoffer@xxxxxxx writes:
I didn't  know this could happen, I have a question.  A local person  asked
me
to evaluate a 13 month old male for SAR.  He was very  aggressive,  come to
find out, he was taught to be that way.   Won't work for SAR, we  can't eat
the
people we find!  Anyway,  here's the color question.   This person has 2
solid
black dogs  and they have a solid white littermate.   I don't know anything
about the sire and dam.  Guess that would help.   Obviously  it can happen,
but how?

Barbie Balyeat

In GSDs Black is recessive to all colors except white so  it is possible for
a black to carry the white recessive. Obviously they both  did.
Fred Migliore