[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Collapsible crates

  • From: Jessica MacMillan <spotted101@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2007 15:49:46 -0500

I have soft-sides, wires and vari-kennels. I LOVE my soft siders... I do use
one with my GSDs, they really like them - I also use them with the dals.

I have one set up in the basement and the dogs get used to it at home so I can
make any corrections (punching with their noses, etc) so I don't have to do it
at shows.

I would NOT travel with one in my vehicle as they offer no protection in
accidents (though Varis aren't much better as when my mom was in her accident
some years ago - two broke in half and the door popped off one).

They are great at shows, if you know your dog and check in often. They are the
best in hotel rooms (I have hauled way to many crates up and down steps in
hotels).

For cross-country, I would definately do fold down wire-crates for safety and
durability.

Jess Mac
Paisley Dals (www.paisleydals.com)
& The Shepherd Girls