[ SHOWGSD-L ] Code of Ethics--More than Just my opinion

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 14:06:16 EDT

In a message dated 7/12/07 8:02:26 PM Pacific Daylight Time,  EKOLAN1@xxxxxxx
writes:
I have  only put two down in the last 25 years that I can remember.
They wanted to  eat people.

I can't help think that if one of those people was Mr. Levine,  here in
California, I would have bred on that dog.

I agree 100% with Fred.  We don't limit the dogs we sell.  We might make a
suggestion, or answer a question, but we hope those who buy our  dogs know what
is the right thing to do for them.

We sent a bitch to a friend of our in Michigan a few weeks  ago. We had her
spayed at about a year and a half, since we didn't intend to  breed her, and
were keeping her.  We have other friends staying with us  now, and they are
taking our house dog home with them. They have two great  little kids who love
German Shepherds, and they have fallen in love with  Subpoena, so off she goes.
She is also spayed since when we decided to make her  a house dog and didn't
want problems with Joker, our other house dog, and we  didn't plan to breed
her,
we made that decision.

Since we are responsible for everything we breed, every dog we  sell, and
every puppy we produce, we should accept that responsibility without  having to
worry about what our buyers do with them. We need to weed out the  buyers we
can't trust, establish our own ethics, develop our own morality, and  stop
trying to force our ideals on others.

Unless of course you are reading my opinions. Then, of course,  you must
incorporate them into your lives.

Evan_  Asgard German Shepherds_ (http://www.asgardgsd.com/)
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type  Movement and Temperament come together