[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Code of Ethics--Just my opinion

  • From: "Beryl" <arelee_1020@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sally@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2007 07:53:24 -0700

It makes me sick also, Sally. Only when the quality of life is such that
they need our final gift to them are they put down. Heaven knows that in
itself is hard enough to do. How anyone could do that to make space for new
dog, or because the old one was in the way, or whatever lame reason, I could
never understand.
I have always said."they are born into my hands and they will die in my
arms." I have held many as they have crossed with a lump in my throat and
tears in my eyes, but I know the last thing they hear, is "I love you, you
are such a GOOD dog."

Beryl Eshom
Arelee GSD
Davis, CA