[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Code of Ethics--Just my opinion

  • From: DOGSRLUV@xxxxxxx
  • To: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx, diwri@xxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 18:03:36 EDT

In a message dated 7/13/2007 2:58:10 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx writes:
Eshhhhhh!

I had a puppy born with 4 white feet an a blaze.   Shocked the heck out  of
me...she wasn't hard to sell at all, in fact  she went to the nephew of a BIS

judge.  He had his choice of  three, two black and tan bitches and the one I
called  "Bootsie".  I told his Aunt she was an off color, no one cared and
NO I
didn't reduce the price either.  But cull her...OMG  never.

When I was first in the breed, many, many moons ago people did put puppies
down due to off color.  Livers, blues, whites etc.... I hated it, it made  no
since to me.  I was only a kid 8-9 years old and there was a breeder out  here
that would pup puppies down as soon as they could determine they were Long
Coats.  That was something I could not due.

I think health and temperement should be the only reason to put a puppy
down, and frankly that is hard for me too.

Deb