[ SHOWGSD-L ] Code of Ethics--Just my opinion

  • From: EKOLAN1@xxxxxxx
  • To: Windwalkergsds@xxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 22:37:40 EDT

I was only going to send this to Jamie but I thought what the  hell.
                           Put up the shields Scotty.

Jamie when I sell a dog I stress that if they S/N the guarantee is void.  I
don't sell dogs that are not good enough to breed. If someone tells me they
will fix one of my males I won't sell them a dog. They should be responsible
enough to NOT let their dog run loose and breed indiscriminately. A lot of
dogs  die from the operation. If the owner is responsible there is no need to
cut
 them. After all they let any moron lunatic human breed they let mentally
retarded people breed. My dogs are better than they are. And if my dog  does
fall under one of the above groups I don't sell them I put them down.  As to
having an OFA # before using them for breeding I can think of some damn  nice
dogs
that would not be in the gene pool if that were a rule. One for  instance
would be 3 time Select Houston of wildwood. And I have been told that  had the
great Axel Dieninghauserhide been x-rayed he would not have been good  enough
breed to. Now take him from the gene pool and about 99% of the great  dog in
America would disappear. Including Your wonderful Leroy. Look I am  not saying
we should breed to crazy or crippled dogs what I am saying is  you must be
careful what you wish for and want. The answer to most of the  problems in out
breed can be solved with breeder responsibility. I don't believe  anything else
will work. If you breed GSDs you must take responsibility for what  you
breed. Kathy Tank is right. The bad breeder will always find a way around  the
rules.
Fred
PS I have only put two down in the last 25 years that I can remember.
They wanted to eat people. I have pulled dogs from public stud. And I have
openly told people of any problems I have found in what I have bred.