[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Code of Ethics on Ballot

  • From: f.fasano@xxxxxxx
  • To: Peggy <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 15:26:04 +0000

Dear Peggy I asked some very hard and pointed questions as did Joan and anyone
saying they had no idea is in my opinion not being straight.
I gave the committee the language used by other clubs - the outside attorney
said to take it out- subsequent events make me question that advice.
As for Margy and the leak of the Hunte vote - The Board agreed to record  the
yes and no votes - when some miss guided Board members and not who you might
suspect gave affidavits to the outside attorney who was trying to make a case
against Margy I told Margy. When the Board member providing the affidavit
talked to me at length it was clear that all Margy said as she left the meeting
was an expression of utter disbelief, not surprising to me and the fact of how
the vote had gone- clearly within her rights-and I told the other member that
MARGY HAD DONE NOTHING WRONG-MARGY NEVER SAID WHO VOTED HOW OR WHAT WAS SAID BY
ANYONE-Kris
-------------- Original message from Peggy <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
--------------

    I am willing to be no one will be surprised that I'm jumping in on this.

First of all, I DID speak to several Board Members who told me they had NO IDEA
WHO HUNTE WAS until AFTER the vote.  Then of course we have the
one who thought we'd have ACCESS TO HUNTE'S MONEY to use for various projects
(yeah, right...in a pig's eye)...so it DOES seem as if quite a few
people voted without having a clue to what Hunte did for a
living............not that I believe it would have made any difference, since
every single report
of that meeting in January led me to believe, and I'm not alone in believing
this, that some people were simply bamboozled into voting for the man.  Yes,
Kris, we know you voted No, and we all appreciate that.

The whole Hunte issue is the reason so many people want a strong C of E that
every member has to sign...one forbidding dealing wtih wholesalers, dealers,
pet stores, etc.--and yes, we also know some people think that would make the
club "elitist."  I fail to see a problem with that.........but that's me.

As for Margy being blamed for "leaking" the news, that is an outright
lie...most of us know who actually leaked the news to the person who was
the first to post that Hunte was accepted..................and those who don't
know obviously don't care.

Peggy

f.fasano@xxxxxxx wrote:

Dear Elaine- the Board did have access to the letters from members and the the
membership chair advised of the petition signed by 10% of our members before
the vote- the club policy of inviting those complaining members to speak was
not followed. However, those voting knew the position of the membership and
unless you have a crystal ball or know something I don't know, how can you say
those voting for the person would have done anything different. Did you talk to
someone on the Board who said they asked any questions of myself or Margy. Not
all persons in a role of leadership got the issue wrong in the first place. The
cost should be on the shoulders of those who did not get it- Kris