[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Code of Ethics?/ Saints?

  • From: sheila lieberman <dgshwpromo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: the list <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 17:33:20 -0700 (PDT)

Again with the public replies.

  Kathy I have a friend who was told not to xray her dog.  Maybe it was who she
dealt with, I don't know.  I apologize for the mistake.
  sheila
Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx wrote:
          In a message dated 7/12/2007 6:09:56 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
dgshwpromo@xxxxxxxxx writes:
  St Bernard's are not xrayed at all, it is frowned upon, I got this from a
former St breeder.

Sheila, where the heck do you get  your information, they most definitely DO
x-ray their dogs.  Here's a link:

  http://www.offa.org/hipstatbreed.html

  Granted, not as many as we do, but proportionately, considering we are always
in the top 4 breeds of dogs registered and they are WELL below that, very close.

  Furthermore, they DO address it in their code.

  First some "vet" tells you titers are not reliable, now some Saint "breeder"
tells you Saint breeders don't x-ray...what's tomorrow's tidbit?

  Kathy, member GSDCA, DVGSDC
three generations of Dual Titled TC'd Champions live here!
visit www.geocities.com/pinehillgsds

  Get a sneak peak of the all-new AOL.com.