[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Coats

  • From: InquestGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: carolynmckenna@xxxxxxxxx, izaackerman@xxxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2012 21:57:48 -0400 (EDT)

I think Iza referred to "tree trunk legs" meaning lost of substance.

I never bought into the "coats have all the good temperament and all the
substance"....I think they are so darn cute as puppies, and so fluffy, they
are  too cute not to like.

However, reason will say that if they have a LOT of one thing (hair),
surely they could have a lot of others....but that's not very scientific.   I
could say all black dogs have dark eyes....except I have seen black dogs with
light eyes....they are kind of spooky.   Or all sables have great
pigment....that is just not true.

As always, every generalization has it flaws.

But all puertoricans can dance....you can take that to the bank    <G>

* Ileana  *
Love me, love my dogs.

In a message dated 7/3/2012 10:15:47 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
carolynmckenna@xxxxxxxxx writes:

My first  coat was a Mike daughter......very large, quite sharp, no
tree-trunk legs,  beautiful
structure and movement.  I have had two others....... again  no tree-trunk
legs, beautiful
structure and movement, good temperament.  However, I have seen several
that have had
deplorable temperament.  Therefore,  temperament improvement being a reason
to use a
coat  in a breeding program won't fly, nor will using them to produce plush
coat.
Carolyn