[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Coated GSDs

  • From: Marcia Warshauer <luvshepherds@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2013 20:28:30 -0800 (PST)

Trying to fill a class of coated GSDs when they are so talked down, it's no
wonder the class could not be filled. Personally, I think there are some
gorgeous coated shepherds out there that were sold as pet quality....quickly,
BECAUSE they were coated. Maybe if some recognition were to be given to these
dogs, the classes would become more popular. I have a three month old coated
male. Why? Because I think some of these coated GSDs are stunning. I'm hopeful
that my beautifully pigmented black and red boy will be one of those. Just
saying.
Marcia ~ So. CA.

I would hope we would give it more time. There wasn't that much time between
when the decision was made and this past year's National. How many show
people have even kept their promising coated puppies?  How many have had any
ring training? Allowing the class to continue for a few years would be the
real test. I still hope that there won't be a need for a separate class in
the near future as coated animals are shown and given more serious
consideration, but one class doesn't accomplish that.