[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Coalition of AKC Parent Clubs

  • From: Bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx
  • To: zrockenstein@xxxxxxxxx, Stormy435@xxxxxxx, melanagsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2008 12:18:37 EST

In a message dated 12/16/2008 11:08:11 A.M. Central Standard Time,
zrockenstein@xxxxxxxxx writes:
Maybe the problem didn't loom as large in people's minds 2  years ago as it
does today.  Most people seem leery  of "conspiracy theories".  The potential
for us to out organize the  AR people

The problem did loom as put as seriously.  It was 3  years ago that Paul Root
was appointed to the RALEEF committee to work on  all the issues.  It was
discussed at length at board  meetings.   So taken seriously enough to give
board
time and  committee time, yes, it was definitely looming 3 years ago.  Almost
2  years ago there was going to be a sizeable sum put into the committee by
the board, but that did not occur either.
We cannot out organize anyone if we just continue to discuss  this.  Pretty
soon there will be less and less to discuss as the  progression from the other
side is moving in leaps and bounds.  Read  Stormy and Peggy's post then
determine what you can do.
We have a mayor locally that understands the issue's  well.  She scraps and
fights with legislation and will have none of  it.  When I was a RALEEF co
chair, I made sure she got everything we  had to read, and she did.   She
promised
to fight at this level  and she still does.  Everyone can do something
locally and every  little bit helps.  Get some allies out there.

As I mentioned the other day, I don't care about the breeder,  her past
issue's, the color, or anything else regarding Biden's pup.   What I do care is
our
breed has an prominent figure in the upcoming  government that has a purebred
GSD.  We hit the jackpot folks.

Molly

Trillia German Shepherds  since 1972 ph 409-287-3940
Member GSDCA, GSDCC, GSDC of Beaumont  (recording secretary), Life member CKC
"The greatest discovery of any  generation is that a human being
can alter his life by altering his  attitude"-William  James