[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: C'mon guys - Let's make this happen ooops

  • From: Stormy435@xxxxxxx
  • To: Windwalkergsds@xxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Falkrigia@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 17:01:52 EDT

I didn't mean to send that yet :-)
Anyway...to give you some idea of the scope of the problem for So.CA, the
fast check of the County shelters brought up 30 GSDs there, with the longest
that
anyone is kept in this group was 40 days.   (they don't say what happens to
them, when they disappear from the adoption screen...euthanized or adopted).

There were 24 GSDs, that looked to be mostly purebred...and many more that
probably were more mix than PB.   I would hazard a guess that there would be
10-15 or more in the LAAS (City) shelters.   So imagine pulling 30-40 GSDs a
month from just the L.A. area.

I don't have much by I will donate monthly, too, in the hopes that this dream
would come true..

By the way, there's the cutest darn   GSD pup in the Agoura shelter, with the
age noted as 4 years.   More like 4 months.   Dark, Dark, with deep red
accents.

:-(

Stormy
In a message dated 7/16/07 1:03:56 PM, Windwalkergsds@xxxxxx writes:

> In a message dated 7/16/2007 12:37:30 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
> Falkrigia@xxxxxxx writes:
> > Maybe what we need to do is take someone we all trust explicitly ( My
> > nomination would go to Dave Fritsche but I'm sure we have many suitable
> > people),
> > make them the List Rescue Treasuerer, have them receive and bank the
> monies,
> >
> > giving us a monthly report on the list and sending funds out as requested
> by
> >
> > Dawn who could be our rescue funds coordinator.
> Lynda, I think this is a great idea.  With someone as passionate as Dawn and
> as honest as Dave, how could it fail?  I would be happy to send $$ every
> month
> (depending on availability <g>) as I'm sure would many.
>
> Jamie

~~~~~~~~
Stormy Hope
California Federation of Dog Clubs