[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Clubs on Hunte website

  • From: Cinosam GSD <cinosamgsd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kmc@xxxxxxxxxxxx, BJBuie@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 13:55:13 -0700 (PDT)

I did mention it to a member of ASCA and they are checking into it.  She
indicated that there are other aussie organizations that use that acronym so
not sure if it's the official club.

  Cindy
"Karen C." <kmc@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  On Sat, 7 Oct 2006 13:36:43 EDT, BJBuie@xxxxxxx wrote:=20

>Evan writes:
>I went to Mr. Hunte's site.=A0 It lists a number of specialty clubs to=A0=
show=20
>his support . . . ."=20
>If you read the page more closely you will see that these aren't Parent =
Clubs=20
>for which he is showing support but rather, "If you decide to register =
your=20
>new puppy, a number of organizations are at your=20
>service. "=20
>
>That's right, they are the AKC and other "registry organizations," =
including=20
>the American Canine association and the Continental KC and the Dog =
Registry of=20
>America. Yes, the Border Collie and Bulldog clubs are there, but I =
can't=20
>tell if those are the AKC parent clubs or not as he has this listed as=20
>registration organizations.
>
>Betty Johnson
>Tintagel

Actually, that is not the Bulldog club. The American
Bulldog is a totally separate rare breed from the AKC
Bulldog. I'm assuming that this American Bulldog club is
one of the independent registries for that particular
breed. Same for the Border Collie club, which is not that
AKC Parent Club for the breed. Neither is ASCA. But I
really don't think ASCA would appreciate being so
prominently displayed on Hunte's web site like that.

Maybe someone in Aussies should clue ASCA in?

Karen C.
Email: kmc@xxxxxxxxxxxx

POST is Copyrighted 2006. All material remains the property of the original