[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Clubs folding & Futurity Counts

  • From: Sheila Lieberman <sheilaofmiami@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 03:36:58 -0700 (PDT)

    Now Tod, the last time you brought this up the overall response was that
you are doing all you can and we love you for it.  It would be great if there
were GSD clubs every 10 miles, but there are not.

  It would be nice of all the members of a club could give more time too.  But
things are what they are.  You do what you can, and do what you can to enjoy
life outside of your work, which is a life of its own.  I do what I can for me,
my family, my dogs, and my club.  I am fortunite that I can give to my club as
much as I do.  My club is fortunite to have me able to give, but we all know
this and no one in my club dilberatly take advantage of me, but they do rely on
me.

  I can only hope that you have the chance to meet the many wonderful people in
this silly dog business.  Good luck with your first futurity dog and you are
blessed, so enjoy it.
  sheila

From: Santanagsd1954@xxxxxx
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2006 14:43:58 EDT
Subject: Re: showgsd-l Digest V3 #916

In a message dated 4/3/2006 11:20:37 AM Pacific Standard Time, Showgsd-

------------------------------

Msg: #3 in digest
From: Stormy435@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2006 14:14:58 EDT
Subject: Re: [ SHOWGSD-L ]Failing clubs/futurity

Barbara made so much sense that I am repeating the post in it's totality.
My experience is limited, 3 litters nominated, pups out of 2 litters shown
in futurities. But wanting to give the pup buyers the experience of a
Futurity, I paid the entry fees for one of the litters, and encouraged all
come
for the 'fun'. We had fun seeing all the litter mates together again, as we
had in the matches, but the inexperienced non-pro handlers were immediately
put to the end of the line w/out a second glance. I had to do a lot of
talking
for them to even get out to a specialty after that. And yes, the litter was
worth that second glance, maybe not moved to the front of the line, but a
second and third glance.
My silly thought was that it would be nice to have the LITTER shown in one
place.....I really thought (at that time) that was what the Futurity was
supposed to be, a Breeder's showcase. I vote for Barbara's idea.

Stormy

In a message dated 4/3/06 11:24:10 AM, Santanagsd1954@xxxxxx writes:

>Nancy and All: My opinion is unpopular but I'm going to say it
>AGAIN...anyway... The Original way the Futurities were set up worked for
all

>of us for
>a loong time.
>Then came the idea to send the Winners to the National..ROM PTS. Awarded,
>etc. . and it all went downhill from there.. I have said this till I am
blue

>in
>the face and no one listens and if they do, they dismiss it...BUT..
>if and until you only allow dogs to be exhibited in the area in which they
>reside, you are never going to get it 'fixed'.... Too much emphasis was put

>on
>winning so the winners could go to the National. That ruined the entire
>thing
>when they allowed that and the Handlers to fly about the country exhibiting
>where they thought their dogs could win under Judges they knew favored
>whatever they brought to them...
>
>It destroyed the Pure and Beautiful Intent of the Futurities..I said it
>years ago, when they began fooling around with the changes, that is was
>going to result in the deterioration of the purpose and intent of the
>Futurities,
>which was intended to be a showcase for the
>breeders in the various parts of the country to see what their fellow
>breeders were producing...
>
>These progeny were not limited to LOCAL dogs, many progeny were sired by
>East Coast dogs combined with the West Coast bloodlines when I started.,..
>
>I said it before and once again, we had entered all 12 of the Ch. Harry
>Vom Donaukai ROM ex Ch. Von Schrief's Portrait ROM litter... They were all
>shown... That is one example of what I am saying...We knew they were not
>all
>Top Winners...They were exhibited so breeders could see the faults as well
>as
>the virtues of what such a breeding produced. The uniformity or lack of
>it..Conformation Characteristics good and bad... My fellow breeders did the

>same.. We
>had a living picture to watch and observe on what a breeding produced
>OVER-ALL..NOT just ONE WINNER...That was the purpose.

Stormy Hope
*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*
UPDATED 2/11/06....CHECK IT OUT!!!!
www.FairhopeGSD.com

I would like to add to that post I wrote, that we had all our kids and
friends and our friends kids handling the dogs... it was a Big Family
thing...

I recently read of the entry at the upcoming 2006 North American Sieger
Show and they drew 361... they have classes for 4 to 6 month pups and
everyone
gets into the act of handling.. especially the children of the exhibitors..

At the 2005 North American National Sieger Show where they had another
enormous entry, they put on a program for Junior Handlers that was truly
incredible. They had 35 young and eager to learn Jr. Handlers sign up from
ages from
Kindergarten and 2nd graders on the puppies and up to 17 yr olds and they
taught them by video shows and people demonstrating and then helping them
learn
to handle and letting them exhibit under the Judge... They were all given
trophies ( a Medallion and a Trophy.).. All the regular Junior Handlers were
given
nice Junior Handler Trophies..

Someone might want to contact Cindy Peterson Junior Handler ChairPerson
of the WDA , and get her ideas which are great ones...She remarks over and
over
how very interested the kids were from the smallest on up and how hard they
tried to learn and are all eager to come back again.and continue with the
Regional Club to learn more..WTAE TV Channel 4 in Pittsburgh was there at
the Show
videotaping for the Evening News...Great coverage and inspires interest...

I mention this because these German Shows are growing and many young people

are coming in..When you video our Nationals, we see many more 'old-faces'
like
mine and few young people...in and out of the rings..barb Williams

------------------------------

Msg: #6 in digest
From: "billie"
Subject: Re: GSDC of Sacramento Valley, Saturday and Sunday
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2006 11:58:09 -0700

The German Shepherd Dog Club of Sacramento Valley held their Spring shows
this past weekend.

The weather was anything but spring! But everyone needed a spring in their
step to navigate the mud on Saturday.
Oh the lawn, disappeared under mud and shavings!
Sunday we got permission from the park to move to the parking lot, so we
managed to stay mud free and dry.
The conformation results of both days follow. I am only going by my own
catalog, so they are not official results.
I am not going to type all of the info, if you want further info, please
email me privately and I will try to send you other information.

Beryl Eshom

Saturday, Judge Ms. Bo Vujovich;
9-12 dogs
1. Rohan's The Aviator
2 Eagle Hill's Cabernet Sauvignon
3 Covy Tucker Hill's TJR's Marc Flex
12-18
1 Gracefields' Dark Klark Gable
2. Jezra's Fist Full of Dollars
Am. bred.
1. Rohan's Reward TC, HT
2. Jezra's Daytona
3.Schokrest San Gregorio of Gracefield
4.Scherzar's Bellagio
Open
1. Rocknoll's Esprit de Corps WD 2 points
2. Marhaven's Mr. Beau Jangles RWD
3. Victory's Leviathan

9-12 bitches
1. Schatzmar's Showoff / Best Puppy
2.Eagle Hill's Petite Syrah
3. Covy-Tucker Hill's TJR Marc Vanity Fair
12 -18
1. Witmer's Frosted Toffee WB and BOW + BOS over special 3 points
2.Marhaven's Black Orchid
3.Dream CT Danika Norhaus at Encore
Novice bitch
1.Rocknoll's Chimnay Nike Clayfield
2. Hausmekon Sugarpine Silhouette
Am Bred
1.Scherzar's Mandalay Bay
2. Washone's Shawnee Kat
3. CTH Deta of Hudspeth
1.Scherzar's Cinnamon Twist RWB
2. Washone's Nakomis
3. Mariner's Jenny From The Block

BOB CH. Encore-Asgard's O'Connor

Sunday, Judge Mr. Dick Jones
9-12
1. Eagle Hills Cabernet Sauvignon also Best Puppy
2. Rohan's the Aviator
3. Covy Tucker Hill's Marc Flex
12-18
1. Jezra's Fist Full of Dollar's
2. Gracefields Dark Klark Gable
Am Bred.
1. Schokrest San Gergorio of Gracefeild
2. Rohan's Reward TC, HT.
Open
1. Victory's Leviathan WD 2 pts.
2. Marhaven's Me. Beau Jangles RWD
3. Rocknolls Esprit de Corps

9-12 puppy bitches
1.Schatzmar's Showoff
12-18
1. Marhaven's Black Orchid
2. Witmer's Frosted Toffee
3. Dream CT Danika Norhaus at Encore
Novice.
1.Rocknoll's Chimnay Nike Clayfield
2. Tebe Nobe Bodacious Rivendell
Am Bred exact same bitches and same placing as Saturday
Open
1. Mariner's Jenny From the Block WB, BOW
2. Cathlin's Caliente of Hallmark ? RWB I think, didn't write it down.
3. Sherzar's Cinnamon Twist
4. Washone's Nakomis
BOB Jezra's I Knew It Scherzar
BOS Marhaven's Man In black

End of showgsd-l Digest V3 #917

POST is Copyrighted 2006. All material remains the property of the original

Sheila of Miami
Mernydex GSD's
Loving Obedience Dog Training
http://mail.yahoo.com